This is one of my favourite Sketchbook Club modules. Using the traceable reference you will create a really sophisticated image of clothes swaying in the breeze. With lots of images to inspire, you will paint the clothes and then add detail using coloured pencils.
This is such a delightful spread, everyone who has created this image tells me it is one of the pages they are most proud of, I can’t wait to see your washing lines!
What you get:
- Instructions – Detailed instructions from start to finish along with the tips, techniques & clever tricks.
- Reference – Handpicked (printable) reference material to inspire and assist.
- Video – A video showing you each of the steps.
- Community & Support – Details of the social media hashtag to use for the module and live Q&A once a week with Jennie.
Online Sketchbook Club FAQ
1. What do I get?
Instructions – Detailed instructions from start to finish along with the tips, techniques & clever tricks.
Reference – Handpicked (printable) reference material to inspire and assist.
2. What materials do I need?
Each module lists the suggested materials that are required for its completion.
3. How do I access the course / modules?
Once you have purchased the course or modules, you will receive an email which contains the links to the corresponding modules.
You can also access them by logging in and going to the My Account section of this website.
4. How long do I have access to the course / modules?
There is no deadline so you can take as long as you like!
5. How long does each module last?
Each module should take approximately 2 hours to complete however this can be much shorter or longer depending on your preference.
6. How can I ask Jennie specific questions?
Community – Details of the social media hashtag to use for the module.
Q&A from Jennie via Twitter / Facebook / Instagram.
7. Can I participate from outside the UK?
Of course! The more widespread the better.
8. Trouble with the videos?
The videos are hosted on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/). They are available in Hi Resolution (HD) and Low Resolution (Non-HD). You control the resolution by clicking on the HD text in the bottom right-hand corner – Blue = HD and Grey = Non-HD. Select Low Resolution (Grey) if you have trouble with the Hi Res (Blue).
9. What is my username?
Your username is derived from the first part of your email address. E.g. ‘email@example.com’ will result in a username of ‘jennie’.
10. How to give Sketchbook Club as a present?
If you would like to buy the course as a present for someone else, purchase a Course Gift Voucher which can then be redeemed by them for either course.
Not finding what you are looking for? Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question 🙂
Please note that price at check-out will vary based on differences in VAT across the EU and exclude VAT outside the EU.
11. How to print Reference Material?
If you do not have A4, use Legal size 8.5″ by 14″.
You will need the following materials…
- Gouache paints
- Size 1 paint brush
- Size 6 paint brush
- Coloured pencils
- String or twine
- Craft (PVA) glue
- Optional – A couple of pages from an old paperback book (or newspaper)